Sensational Saturday: Taste of Apples
Sometimes, maybe pretty often, simple is better. Foods, fruit included, seem to come in and out of vogue. Do you remember when pomegranates became popular several years ago? And the acai berry? Variety is wonderful! Sometimes, though, we forget old favorites as we traipse after the exotic, and apples may be forgotten for a while. I could never tell you all of the things that you could do with apples, but I wanted to maybe inspire you to renew your love of apples and maybe, if you still hunger for the exotic, try doing something you haven’t done with apples before. Here is a simple list, just a sample of the very many things you can do with apples. Do not forget to try the wide variety of apples either – one apple does not taste, necessarily, like another apple.
- Apple wedges on a peanut butter sandwich
- Apple slices or shredded in salads
- Apple slices dipped in batter and deep fried
- Apple slices dipped into melted chocolate
- Apples diced and in pancakes, add cinnamon too
- Apples in your cold or hot cereal
- Apple slices on sandwiches
- Dried apples (apple chips)
- Apples in your yogurt or cottage cheese or smoothy
- Apples dipped in honey, add chopped nuts, or dipped in tahini
- Apple slices paired with a slice of turkey (warm or cold)
- Apple slices paired with cheese slices
- Apple pie, Apple cobbler, Apple crunch, Apple betty
- Apple cake, Apple muffins, and Apple bread
As I said earlier, there is no end to the delicious ways to enjoy apples. Enjoy!
Contact Crouse Photography for all of your photography needs.